How BOXING Destroyed KARATE 🥊🥋
Okinawan Karate includes bunkai, grappling, weapons and throws. So why is Japanese Karate so different? The history of Western Boxing has the answer. It all began with a 1921 title fight between Jack Dempsey and George Carpentier in New Jersey, USA.
Big thanks to Patrick McCarthy, the world’s #1 Karate researcher & author, for providing me with the historical insight presented in this video. Please see “Tanpenshu” (Funakoshi Gichin) and “Watashi no Karatejutsu” (Motobu Choki) to learn more about the fascinating history of Karate.
☯️ BIO: Jesse Enkamp a.k.a The Karate Nerd™ is a #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author, National Team Athlete, Keynote Speaker, Entrepreneur, Carrot Cake Lover & Founder of Seishin International – The World’s Leading Karate Lifestyle Brand.
🎥 WATCH ALL MY VIDEOS ⇩
🔔 SUBSCRIBE – so you don’t miss NEW videos ⇩
👊 Join “KARATE NERD INSIDER” (my secret video club) ➭ https://gumroad.com/l/insider
💪 MY TRAINING PROGRAMS:
– Flexibility & Mobility ➭ https://gumroad.com/l/karate-flexibility-mobility
– Strength Training ➭ https://gumroad.com/l/karate-strength
🥋 GET MY #Karate GI ➭ http://www.seishin-international.com
✅ Wanna GROW Your Martial Arts School? ➭ http://www.martialarts.social
👍 CONNECT WITH ME:
– Facebook ➭ https://www.facebook.com/karatebyjesse/
– Instagram ➭ https://www.instagram.com/karatebyjesse/
– Twitter ➭ https://twitter.com/karatebyjesse
– ✏️ Blog ➭ https://www.karatebyjesse.com/category/karate/
– FB Group ➭ https://www.facebook.com/groups/karatenerds/
✍️ CONTACT ME ⇩
WARNING: The advice and movements shown in this video are for informational and educational purposes only. Consult a health professional before engaging in any exercise or martial arts program.
#Boxing #Okinawa #Japan